B Corp Certification Package
B Corp Certification: Where Purpose + Profit Meet
Considering B Corp Certification for your business?
If so, let us help you navigate your way through the certification process. We designed this package to address the three most common challenges businesses face on their B Corp certification journey:
- Readiness: To earn B Corp certification, your business should have clear, specific social or environmental goals. We’ll help increase your readiness and ensure you have the right policies and practices in place that make sense for your business and for certification.
- Time: Given the competing demands of your business, it can be difficult to find the time to get through the process. We’ll help ensure the most efficient and effective use of your time, and with our B Corp expertise, we can help you answer many of the assessment questions quickly and easily.
- Scope: The certification process and the assessment itself can be daunting — especially knowing where to begin, how to best answer each question and what sort of documentation will be required. We assist with knowing where to begin, how to best answer each question and what documentation may be required.
Don’t let these challenges keep you from joining a global community of people using business as a force for good. Let us help.
Your Package Includes
- Introduction to the certification process
- Review of current business policies and practices
- Guidance on completing the B Impact Assessment process
- Tips for improving your business’ social and environmental impact
- Sample policies and social impact tracking templates
- Ongoing coaching and project management support
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why choose us? We’ve been through the certification process more than most companies, having been one of the very first companies to earn B Corp certification in 2008. VIANOVA founder Frank Scarpaci is a B Corp Ambassador, having completed a rigorous training program administered by B Lab. Frank has also been a leader in the B Corp movement since 2008, and has delivered talks focused on it for a variety of business associations, universities and conferences.
- Why certify now? There has been a dramatic shift in society’s expectations of the role of business in addressing today’s economic, social and environmental challenges. Now more than ever, people want to work for, buy from, partner with and invest in businesses they believe in.
- How much does the package cost? Your fee will depend on many factors, including the level of support needed from us, the size and geographic scope of your business, and the policies and practices you have in place. In most cases, we will be able to work with your budget. Please note that our fee does not include the cost of the certification itself.
- How much does it cost for the certification? The annual certification fee is based on your company’s annual sales. For more information on the annual fee structure, click here: B Corporation Certification.
- How long is the B Corp Certification valid? B Corps must re-certify every 3 years.
- Where can I learn more about B Corporations? Start here: bcorporation.net
Assess Your Impact: Complete the B Impact Assessment, a free, confidential platform designed to help measure and manage your company’s positive impact on your workers, community, customers and environment.
Meet the Legal Requirements: Meet the legal requirements to consider the impact of your decisions on all your stakeholders.
Submit Assessment for Verification: Undergo a multi-step verification process to determine if you meet the 80-point bar for certification.
Make it Official: Sign the B Corp Declaration of Interdependence, sign your B Corp Agreement, and pay your annual certification fees.
To learn more: B Corporation
B Corp Resources
B Lab is a nonprofit that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. B Lab’s initiatives include B Corp Certification, administration of the B Impact Management programs and software, and advocacy for governance structures like the benefit corporation.
B Impact Assessment
Start measuring and managing your social and environmental impact using this free, confidential tool.
B Interdependent is an initiative from B Lab Global to support businesses around the world by offering relevant and essential resources and sharing inspiration and leadership from the B Corp community.
A comprehensive resource for businesses, attorneys, investors, and policymakers on Benefit Corporations. A Benefit Corporation is a new legal tool to create a solid foundation for long-term mission alignment and value creation. It protects mission through capital raises and leadership changes to create more flexibility when evaluating potential sale and liquidity options and prepares businesses to lead a mission-driven life post-IPO.
B The Change:
Stories of people using business as a force for good.