While you most likely don’t need an outside facilitator for many of your organization’s meetings, there are times when using one can make all the difference. Here are a few of the top scenarios when it makes sense to hire a professional meeting facilitator.
- When your meeting’s outcomes are critical. When the results of your session are essential to your organization’s success, and you don’t want to leave anything to chance.
- When important decisions are needed. When you have an essential decision to make, and you need to gather diverse perspectives and explore different ways of looking at a topic, issue, or idea.
- When ownership of results is required. When you need your team to take full ownership of the solutions generated during the session.
- When there are difficult problems to solve. When there is no obvious solution to a difficult problem or challenge, and a new, creative approach or solution is needed.
- When neutrality is needed. When the discussion is best guided by a neutral party to engender trust, maximum engagement, and participate buy-in.
A professional meeting facilitator will work closely with you to design and conduct productive meetings that engage the right people, focus on the right goals and leads to the right actions.
If you’re not sure if you should engage a facilitator for your upcoming meeting, post your question or situation below. I’d be happy to offer my insights. Or, if you are ready to engage a facilitator for your next meeting, and would like to find out how you can, feel free to set up a call with me here.